Current Public Schedule
Meeting interesting people and telling them stories of our state’s past is one of Walter Woodward’s favorite duties as State Historian! If you’d like to attend one of Walt’s upcoming talks, please view the Public Schedule below.
Interested in scheduling a talk or a combined talk and musical performance for your organization? Click here for information on how to request a lecture from the State Historian or a presentation from the Band of Steady Habits.
Please note: This schedule does not reflect all of the State Historian’s obligation, so please confirm schedule availability directly with the Office of the State Historian.
This page is continuously updated as new events and additional details come in. Make sure to check back often, and don’t forget to follow the State Historian on Facebook and Twitter for information on more great Connecticut History events!
- Saturday, May 19, 1:15pm (with The Band of Steady Habits)
Talk with live music – “What Makes Connecticut Connecticut?”
Connecticut Society of Genealogists Annual Meeting
Casa Mia at the Hawthorne, 2421 Berlin Turnpike, Berlin, CT
- Monday May 21 7:00 am Shoreline Social Studies Association Awards
Valley Regional High School Deep River
- Wednesday June 6 7:30pm Wintonbury Historical Society Annual Meeting
Talk with live music – “Handed Down in Song: New England History and Culture” Sacred Heart Church 26 Wintonbury Ave., Bloomfield, CT 06002
- Monday September 9 5:30pm Webb Deane Stevens House, Wethersfield
Rediscovering the Pequot War in Wethersfield
- Tuesday, September 10 7:00pm Avon Free Public Library Talk – “Trouble in the Land of Steady Habits: How We Got to the Constitution of 1818 West Avon Congregational church
- Sunday, September 30 3:00pm Westport “Trouble in the Land of Steady Habits: How We Got to the Constitution of 1818
- Sunday, February 18, 4:00pm (with The Band of Steady Habits)
Talk with live music – “Handed Down in Song: New England History and Culture”
Keeney Memorial Hall, 200 Main St, Wethersfield CT.
For details, visit www.wethersfieldhistory.org.
- Thursday, March 8, 2018, 6:00pm (with The Band of Steady Habits)
Talk with live music – “Frost Season: The Poetry of Robert Frost in Story and Song”
Barnes & Noble UConn Hartford Bookstore, 18 Front St, Hartford CT.
For details, click here.
- Saturday, March 10, 2018 (with The Band of Steady Habits)
Historical Music Set for Connecticut History Day participants
Torrington High School, 50 Major Besse Dr, Torrington, CT
For more information about Connecticut History Day, click here.
- Friday, April 13, 10:00am
Talk – “Trouble in the Land of Steady Habits: How We Got to the Constitution of 1818”
48th Northeast Regional Conference on the Social Studies
Hartford Marriott Downtown, 200 Columbus Blvd, Hartford CT
For details, click here.
- Thursday, April 26, 7:00pm
Talk – “The Cost of Battles Not Fought: Wars and Rumors of War in Early New England”
Simsbury Free Library, 749 Hopmeadow St, Simsbury CT
- Friday, May 11 7:00pm Talk – “Trouble in the Land of Steady Habits: How We Got to the Constitution of 1818” Canturbury Historical Society, 1 Municipal Dr. Canterbury, CT
- Wednesday May 16 7pm “Trouble in the Land of Steady Habits: How We Got to the Constitution of 1818
Suffield Historical Society, Suffield Senior Center 7pm