Current Public Schedule
Meeting interesting people and telling them stories of our state’s past is one of Walter Woodward’s favorite duties as State Historian! If you’d like to attend one of Walt’s upcoming talks, please view the Public Schedule below.
Interested in scheduling a talk or a combined talk and musical performance for your organization? Click here for information on how to request a lecture from the State Historian or a presentation from the Band of Steady Habits.
Please note: This schedule does not reflect all of the State Historian’s obligations, so please confirm schedule availability directly with the Office of the State Historian
- Saturday, September 21st Connecticut River Museum Essex — 9am –– Keynote Speaker “Myths and Legends of the Connecticut River Valley” PLUS –– 11am –– “Handed Down in Song,” Music from the Helen Hartness Flanders Fold Song Collection at Middlebury College –– Walt Woodward and the Band of Steady Habits
- Friday, September 27th –– Noon –– Old State House Hartford Walt Woodward and the Band of Steady Habits
- Saturday, September 28 –– 10:30am –– Stanton Denison Homestead Day, Stonington CT “The Cost of Battles Not Fought: Hunger and Rumor in the Pequot War and Beyond
- Wednesday October 16 –– 6:30pm –– Noble Cooley History Center, Granville, MA “The Irish in Connecticut” Walt Woodward and the Band of Steady Habits
- Saturday, October 19 –– UConn Hartford, Symposium Witch-Hunting in Connecticut
- Sunday, October 20 –– 2:00pm –– Harwinton Historical Society, Harwinton “Leaving Connecticut Shaping America”
- Wednesday, October 23 –– 6:00pm –– Acton Public Library Old Saybrook, “New England’s Other Witch Hunt”
- Tuesday October 29 –– Wallingford Public Library ––” Frost Season” Walt Woodward and the Band of Steady Habits